| Update:
February 16, 2022 09:26:07


People under the age of 21 are not allowed to consume alcohol, according to a new alcohol rule.

Accordingly, the consumption and use of alcohol would require official permission.

Meanwhile, license, permit and renewal fees have been revised upwards for all types of alcohol-related authorizations.

A maximum of three units of alcohol can be sold at a time and seven units per month to authorized holders, except in special cases, the rule specifies.

Authorities would be able to issue a license to sell alcohol in an area – having at least 100 local or foreign liquor license holders.

The new Home Office Alcohol Control Rules 2022 incorporated these provisions to ensure discipline in the sale, marketing, import-export, storage, production, processing and consumption of alcohol. alcohol.

Transportation and transportation of alcohol would also require a pass, while import, export, production, processing, supply, marketing, sale, purchase, storage and possession liquor would require licensing.

The Home Office has released the rules to properly enforce the Narcotics Control Act 2018.

Previously, royalty rates were set under the Narcotics Control (License and Permit Fees) Rules 2014 for the issuance of a bar licence, renewal of individual liquor license and other related matters.

Each bottle must have a health warning label. Alcohol of any brand can be sold, even without a bar or club, if it has the approval of the general manager.

As per the policy, bars, off-store shops, on-site shops and local liquor stores must remain closed on Fridays, Muharram, Shab-e-Baraat, Eid-e-Miladunnabi, Shab-e-Kadar, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha and other governments have declared public holidays.

Conditions have been set for the establishment of a bar in hotels, restaurants and clubs – with at least 200 licensed members, export processing zones, theme parks and government development projects – where foreign nationals reside.

Hotels rated five stars and above would get a license to open seven bars.

Duty-free shops for foreign remittance recipients can import alcohol. Restaurants, hotels, clubs or bars could obtain 40% of the alcohol they need from the Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation by paying customs duties at normal rates or by import. The remaining 60% could be collected from local sources.

Clubs with more than 200 licensed members can import the top 40% of foreign alcohol, and the remaining 60% can be purchased from local sources.

Liquor permit or license holders would not be allowed to show liquor products to other people for commercial or other purposes to attract people.

The rules also specified opening and closing times for bars and liquor stores.

The rules have separate guidelines for importers of homeopathic medicines, tea garden workers and indigenous people in the Hill Tracts region for the importation, use and consumption of alcohol or these types of products.

Speaking to the FE, Md Masud Hossain, Deputy Director of Narcotics Control Department, said the new rules have specified different issues including the age limit for alcohol consumption.

Licensing conditions for the sale of alcohol have been imposed to bring discipline to the sector, he noted.

Alcohol is also used for treatment, drug production and consumption by indigenous people, so there should be a clear guideline to check its abuse.

There were inconsistencies in the Hill Tracts liquor law and policy, which were corrected in the rules, he added.

[email protected]

About The Author

Related Posts