In North Las Vegas, NV, the median property value is $ 208,100, and the average annual home insurance rate is $ 876 per $ 250,000 of home coverage. Although the city of North Las Vegas does not often experience natural disasters, the region has a high risk of earthquakes. While buying home insurance isn’t mandatory unless you have a mortgage, it can help protect your home and property if damaged by a covered risk.
To find the best cheap rates for home insurance in North Las Vegas, NV, Bankrate analyzed the prices, coverage options, and available discounts of major insurers by market share.
Best Cheap Home Insurance Companies in North Las Vegas
In addition to comparing prices, coverage and discounts, we also looked at the customer service ratings of the JD Power Home Insurance study. Our pick of the best inexpensive home insurance companies below offer home insurance coverage in North Las Vegas, affordable rates, excellent customer service rankings, and customizable coverage options to meet homeowners’ needs.
|Home insurance company||Average annual premium for residential coverage of $ 250,000||JD Power Home Insurance Study Score|
|American family||$ 598||821/1000|
|United States||$ 675||889/1000|
|State farm||$ 1,003||829/1000|
* USAA is not officially ranked by JD Power due to eligibility restrictions.
Travelers offers standard home insurance coverage with the ability to add additional coverage as needed. Increased protection for jewelry and valuables, identity fraud protection, green house coverage, and water backup are some of the optional coverages homeowners can add to their Travelers policy. . With the most affordable home insurance rates on our list, Travelers is a great choice for North Las Vegas homeowners.
Learn more: Traveler Insurance Review
Although American Family does not offer earthquake coverage as part of its standard home insurance policy, it can be added for homeowners in North Las Vegas. Optional covers also include Equipment Failure, Water Reserve, Matching Coating Protection, and Credit Theft Protection. At American Family, you can bundle your home and auto to save 20% off their already cheap home insurance rates.
Learn more: American Family Insurance Review
While not available to everyone, military personnel past and present, their spouses, and children can take advantage of affordable home insurance rates from the USAA in North Las Vegas. Home insurance with USAA can be customized to include home sharing coverage and earthquake insurance. With USAA, personal effects are covered at today’s replacement cost rather than the actual depreciated value at no additional cost. In the JD Power Home Insurance study, the USAA ranked first for customer satisfaction compared to other nationally recognized insurance companies, although it is not officially ranked due to eligibility restrictions.
Learn more: USAA Insurance Review
Allstate offers supplemental coverage for North Las Vegas homeowners to customize their home insurance policy. Although Allstate no longer offers earthquake insurance, homeowners can choose from other additional coverages such as commercial property, sports equipment, emergency water, yard and garden, and instruments. of music. In the JD Power Home Insurance study, Allstate tied with State Farm for sixth place for overall customer satisfaction.
For more information: Allstate Insurance Review
As the largest home insurance company by market share in the countryState Farm offers standard home insurance coverage as well as additional coverage options to optimize your home insurance package. Although a standard policy does not cover earthquake insurance, some states like Nevada offer the option of purchasing additional coverage or a separate policy. If you prefer a personalized touch and a local agent, State Farm could be a great choice.
Learn more: State Farm Insurance Review
Home Insurance Coverage Options in North Las Vegas
In addition to standard home insurance policies, residents of North Las Vegas may want to consider some additional coverage options when purchasing home insurance:
- Replacement cost: Some companies offer the replacement cost standard on housing coverage, while others view it as top-up coverage for an additional cost. Replacement cost can be added to home and personal property coverage, which replaces your property and home at today’s prices, rather than depreciated value.
- Seismic coverage: If you own a home in North Las Vegas, you may want to research insurance companies that offer earthquake insurance as supplemental coverage or as a separate policy. With earthquake coverage, you can rebuild your home and replace your belongings if your home is damaged by an earthquake.
- Identity Theft Coverage: Most insurance companies offer identity theft as additional coverage for North Las Vegas homeowners concerned about their risk of becoming a victim of identity theft.
Home Insurance Discounts in North Las Vegas
Owning a home can get expensive, but a great way to save on your home insurance premiums is to take advantage of discounts. Applying for discounts can offset the cost of home insurance without sacrificing the coverage you need to protect your home and property. Here are some discounts North Las Vegas owners could take advantage of:
- Smart home discount: Having smart home technology like video doorbells, smoke detectors, thermostats, and water and gas cutoff sensors could get you a discount on your home insurance with many operators.
- Multi-policy discount: Bundling your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company can not only save you money, it can also streamline your monthly bills.
- Advance Purchase Discount: With home insurance, it can be beneficial to shop early for coverage. If you receive a quote more than a week before your effective date, you may be eligible for a discount.
The Multi-Policy Discount is often the highest percentage discount available on home insurance policies. Depending on the carrier, you can also get a rebate for the purchase of a new home, your roof renovation, electricity, plumbing and heating, full payment, no loss and installation of automatic sprinklers. Most discounts are cumulative, which means you can add as many as you qualify to maximize your savings.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best home insurance company?
The best home insurance company is different for everyone, but the best one will give you the coverage you need at an affordable price. It’s a good idea to shop around and compare quotes for the same coverage from multiple providers when looking for a new home insurance policy to find the one you really want.
How much does home insurance cost in North Las Vegas?
Based on our sample rates, the average annual cost of home insurance in North Las Vegas is $ 876 for home coverage of $ 250,000. Your rate can vary depending on many factors, including the coverage you need, the age and condition of the home, where you are, and your claim history.
How Much Home Insurance Do I Need in North Las Vegas?
The amount of home insurance you need to cover your home in North Las Vegas depends in part on the cost of building it to rebuild it at today’s prices. Other factors, such as how much you can afford to pay for your premium and deductible, may also come into play. If you aren’t sure how much home insurance you need, talk to a licensed agent to determine the amount of coverage that’s right for your budget and needs.
Bankrate uses Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2021 rates for all zip codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, DC Rates shown are based on 40 year old male and female owners with a clean claim history , good credit and the following coverage limits:
- Coverage A, Housing: $ 250,000
- Cover B, Other structures: $ 25,000
- Coverage C, Personal Property: $ 125,000
- Coverage D, Loss of use: $ 50,000
- Coverage E, liability: $ 300,000
- Coverage F, Medical Payments: $ 1,000
Homeowners also have a $ 1,000 deductible and a separate wind and hail deductible (if required).
These are sample rates and should only be used for comparison purposes. Your quotes will be different.