Jumbo Group sales in May 2022 registered a decrease of -4.5% yoy.
- During the first 5 months of 2022the group sales recorded an overall increase of +17% yoy (compared to a +25% increase yoy in the four months of 2022).
May sales are stalled on the strong demand of May 2021, after a long period of store closures during the winter months and the ensuing strict restrictions in Greece.
In addition, the arrhythmia caused by the continuous blockages of ports in China due to Covid-19, as well as the strikes in Greek ports, have worsened the supply of the market, causing delays in the delivery of products.
Sales performance by country:
- Greece: In May 2022the turnover of the parent company – excluding intra-group sales – decreased by c. -9% compared to May 2021.
Overall, for the five-month period of 2022the turnover of the parent company – excluding intra-group sales – increase Park. +29% yoy.
- Cyprus: Sales in May 2022 increased by c. +31% yoy. The entire network remained closed during the first week of May last year.
Overall sales in Cyprus for the five-month period of 2022 increased by about +29% yoy.
- Bulgaria: Network sales decreased by c. -5% yoy in May 2022.
Sales in Bulgaria for the five-month period of 2022 decreased by c. -0.8% yoy.
- Romania: Network sales decreased by c. -6% yoy in May 2022.
Sales in Romania for the five months of 2022 decreased by c. -8% yoy.
The Group’s solid and healthy financial situation continues to be a comparative advantage in a difficult economic environment.
The strategic choices for continuation of the investment programthe constant remuneration of shareholder-partners with high dividend yields and respect for the consumer remain unchanged.
The management of the company had assured the shareholders-associates during the general meeting that its intention was to fully maintain the dividend policy from 2021 until 2022 by paying a total dividend of 0.77 EUR/share.
In addition to the gross amount of 0.3850USD / share which was decided and distributed in January 2022, June 8, the rest 0.3850USD / share will be paid in the form of an extraordinary cash distribution.